All accommodation advertised on this page are near to the course
Thirsk Racecourse is a thoroughbred horse racing venue located in Thirsk, North Yorkshire, England. The course is a left handed oval of about 1m2f with a 3f finishing straight and a 6f chute. The present course opened in 1923, but racing had taken place on the old course over 200 years earlier.
The main road from Ripon to Thirsk runs past the course, and it is very popular with northern trainers.In 1940 it staged the war-time substitute St. Leger.